Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Some of my favorite blogs do a weekly post on what's cooking in their kitchen.  After several weeks or reading, I want to join in on the fun!  Here's what being thrown down in my kitchen this week.

Sunday:  Honey Teriyaki Grilled Chicken marinaded in this favorite, parmesan green beans, and corn pie

After the gluttony of the bachelorette weekend, I was dying for some grilled chicken and a lighter fare.... I think grilled chicken with veggies is my go-to recovery meal.  And let me tell you, you have to try the Jack Daniel's marinade.  Throw the meat and veggies in, let it soak, and then throw the bag away when you are through.  Plus the flavor is incredible!  I will post the green beans and corn pie recipes at a later date- they are on my rotations!

Monday:  Skinny Taste Chicken Divan with roasted cherry tomatoes

I've posted this recipe before.  I love it!  I made it this time with white wine instead of sherry, and it really made a tremendous difference.  I think the sherry is a little too overwhelming in the dish so I would recommend that substitution... and I also used a touch of heavy cream I had leftover in my fridge. Skinny taste, oops.... As for the tomatoes, roast a pint of them drizzled with EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of sugar at 400' for about 15 minutes until they caramalize and begin to burst.  Another weekly favorite veggie.



Tuesday:  Homemade Ravioli with zucchini

Lash and I made potstickers last week {so yummy but another post in itself} and I had enough wonton wrappers left over for one night of creativity.  Thanks to one of my new favorite cooking blogs, Beth's Journal, I discovered you can also use the wrappers for raviolis!  I adopted Beth's recipe to what I had on hand- i.e. left out spinach and adjusted the cheeses to what was in the fridge- and it was pretty good.  A pretty quick and filling treat on a Tuesday night after coming home from the gym!  The zucchini is just sauted in EVOO. True confession: I ate an entire zucchini tonight. Woof.


Wednesday: Wasabi and Panko Encrusted Pork with Quinoa and Edamame

This is one of my favorite all time Cooking Light recipes.  I've been making it consistently since I've been in Charleston.  The flavor truly is outstanding, and light... which is shocking!  I'm going to cook the quinoa in chicken stock and saute the edamame quickly in ginger and maybe a splash of orange or lemon juice.  TBA.


Thursday: Skinny Taste Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken

Chicken breasts have been on sale at Publix this week for an unbeatable $1.99/ lb so I'm surely going to OD on chicken soon.  But I stumbled upon this recipe, and maybe I'm already excited about cinco de drinko but the Mexican palate has caught my eye lately.  The reviews have been pretty encouraging, so I'm looking forward to trying this recipe.  I mean, it is one of the most popular ones from the blog, so it's got to be good, right??


Anyways, that's all folks.

What's going on in your kitchen this week??

2 comments:

  1. So many tasty meals to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... These meals look so yummy!! I also stocked up on chicken from that sweet sale at Publix!

    ReplyDelete