Monday, June 8, 2009

No more excuses

I never thought the 9-5 thing would THAT big of an adjustment, but boy, was I wrong!!  I have been SO tired at night when I get home from work.... Going to bed often before 10!  I was an early- to- bed, early- riser for the most part during college (well, on the week nights) so I thought 9-5 would be no big deal.  

Well, these days I get home, immediately put on my pjs, fix dinner, maybe have a glass of wine, watch a little TV, do a sudoku and I am out.  I've been trying to let myself "ease" into the routine--- sleeping until 7:30, not doing too much after work, taking it easy...  But not anymore.  
I'm getting back on an early morning exercise routine.  My friends Concetta and Tippins and I were reallllly good about working out last semester.  At least 3 days a week, we'd hit the gym at 7:20 am before our 9:30 classes and other days run in the afternoons.  And I loved those AM gym trips!  Of course, sometimes it was a pain to get out of bed, but nevertheless, it was a great way to start the day.  It gave me so much energy, and it was definitely great to get exercising out of the way!

So now, I have decided to pick it up again.  I'm going on my third week of work, and I've got to move on and shake it up a bit.  Tomorrow AM my alarm is set for 6:45.  I hope I get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment