Sunday, July 29, 2012
Open Faced Grilled Caprese
Lunch during the work week is always an after thought to me... I typically throw together a salad, sandwich, or leftovers, and rush through it while I am sitting at my desk or running home to let the dog out. On the weekends, I like to take time with lunch and actually put something creative and tasty together.
Lunches like this, however, makes me wish I spent a little more time during the week on the meal. It is light, delicious, and screams summer time. There are a million different ways you could go with it- add grilled chicken, pesto, sundried tomatoes, anything... all I know is that Lash is sorry he missed this one. :)
French loaf, artisan bread, or baguette, sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
Sliced tomatoes, heirloom would be the bomb
- Brush bread with EVOO and grill 2-3 minutes until toasted.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon (more or less depending on preference) of balsamic glaze on toast.
- Layer sliced tomato and mozzerella
- Broil on high until cheese is melted
- Sprinkle with basil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper.