Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Whole30 Halfway Point

So - I am officially halfway through Whole30.  Today marks day 16 with no dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, and booze.

As I mentioned in my weekly meal plans, I have not knowingly slipped up on the diet portion.  I have, however, had alcohol, though in very much lower quantities than pre- Whole 30.  On one hand I can be totally mad at myself for "failing" but on the other, I'm really proud of myself for the overall lifestyle change I've experienced in the two weeks.

My thoughts so far?

-This has been an unbelievably fabulous experiment.  It has certainly been challenging and at times, a total pain in the ass, but so, so worth it.

-Its not difficult to follow if you 1) plan accordingly 2) commit and 3) have a good attitude.

-I don't miss foods as much as I thought I would.  I was really nervous about giving up cheese. I love cheese.  Haven't missed it.    Carbs?  Strangely, have not had any wild cravings. Yes, I would love to do Pizza Friday but it is what it is.

-We are eating not only real, but also good food. It sounds really cheesy but I do not feel like I am on a diet.  Life is too short to eat food that doesn't taste good.

-I am sleeping hard at night, and not getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.  On a related note, it's amazing how well you feel after a night of not drinking.  One night when I had wine, I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart racing, a headache, and unable to go back to sleep. #sobrietyforthewin

-My skin is the clearest it has been in the longest time.  I don't suffer from too horrible acne but do have the occasional pimple.  I have not had one since Whole30.

-Lastly, I feel amazing and I am seeing results!!  You aren't supposed to weigh yourself on the program but I am motivated by progress. I am down almost 6 lbs!  I have not taken measurements lately, but I can tell my clothes are fitting better. I have more energy and honestly just feel GOOD.

If you have been considering trying Whole30, I am a believer.  I am excited to see what the next 15 days bring.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Good job! 6 pounds in 15 days is rockstar. Keep up the good work lady!

    ReplyDelete