Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy 26th!

To my sweet husband!

In honor of the big 2-6, I did bake that chocolate and peanut butter cake from Smitten Kitchen last night.  Let me tell you, that thing is deadly delicious but it is intense! 

Three disasters in the kitchen and two hours later, it has never become more evident that I much, much, much more prefer cooking for baking.

I was in there until almost 11pm cleaning up this mess!

I had plans this evening and Lash needed to study so we celebrated his birthday this morning over breakfast.

For a birthday treat, I surprised Lash with tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Columbia!  RHCP are one of his favorite artists and it took all of my might not to spoil the surprise I've been hiding since December.  Finally, I got to do the big reveal this morning:

He was so surprised and so excited!!  I'm thrilled it was such a hit!  Unfortunately the lead singer had to go and injure his foot so the concert, which was supposed to be Jan 28th, has been postponed to April 7th, but nevertheless, it should be a great show!

We are celebrating tomorrow night with a steak (thank you Earthfare for the perfectly time save $3/ lb on ribeye coupon) and nice bottle of red and just enjoying a low key weekend again. 

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays Lash!  I am so honored to be your wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment