Friday, June 12, 2009

Riverdogs!

I went to my first Charleston Riverdogs game last night and it was so fun!  The company that I work for, Pure, is one of the team's sponsors so we have awesome first row seats- right behind the batter's box!  And, Thursdays are Thirsty Thursdays, so all yesterday I was thinking about a hot dog and a beer.  So healthy, right?

Lash came with me to the game and these days with my work and his internship and studying, we really do not get to spend much time together during the week.  It was great to hang out with him.  

It started out as a really fun game... until Lash noticed a BLACK cloud quickly approaching in the sky.  Because we weren't under any roof, we darted up the steps to get under cover.  Just in the nick of time too!  It started pouring!  Monsoon...  Thunder... Lightning... I was terrified haha!  

But, by that point, we couldn't go anywhere and the car was wayyy too far away to run... So we waited.  1 hour and 40 minute rain delay.  It didn't seem like that long because we found some friends and ended up hanging out with them (and they were still serving beer!).  And somewhere, at the rainy mess, they ended up playing the game again after it stopped raining!! 

We stayed for a little bit longer, but work at 9 am cut my night a little short.  I didn't get home from the game until 11:30 and didn't go to bed until later, so I have been ex-haust-ed today.  Its not even 9pm yet, and I am going to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment