Friday, June 5, 2009

TGIF

When I was in school, I thought I got the whole TGIF thing.

Wrong.

I've come to realize that, throughout my brief experience in the working world, TGIF means something completely different.  Once you get to 5:00 on Friday, you are finished.  Sure, some thoughts on the ole "to do" list may creep in my head occasionally, but they fade.  

I have found it so liberating to know that once that clock rolls over to that blessed hour, I have no obligations until Monday morning at 9 am.  Nada.  

Sunday's at school were always stressful- you had to make up for all the play time you took on the weekend, get organized for the week, and hit the books to prepare for the week ahead.... when all you really wanted to do was sit on the couch in your pjs and laugh with friends about what happened that weekend.  Now, I don't have any tests to rush back to study for or any papers to cram out late night and can sit on the couch all I want.

And, for that, I say TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment