Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1-888 vs 1-800

At work, I am responsible for answering the toll free number. I usually really enjoy talking to prospective clients as they call in wanting to know more about PURE or speaking with mortgage brokers or other agents who we work with about various issues.

Last week, a mortgage broker called wanting to get billing information on a mutual client. Because I'm working primarily on the sales side of PURE, I do not have access to that information, so I gave him the number to our Member Services department. Well, either he wrote down the number wrong or I gave him the wrong number, but he called back not 3 minutes later, laughing hysterically. He was like, "Either we miscommunicated the number or you just pulled the best prank on me ever." I was clueless as to what he was talking about. Well, little did I know that if you dial 1-800+ our number (instead of 1-888+ our number), you get a SEX HOTLINE!! OHHH it was so embarrassing! Luckily he had a great sense of humor about the whole thing, but next time someone needs that number, I will definitely reinforce the 1-888.

No comments:

Post a Comment