Monday, February 20, 2012

25 surprise!

After our fun date night celebrating 25 and the end of test week, I was expecting just to have a low key weekend at home with no big plans.  Lash brought up the idea of going out to lunch Saturday to celebrate my birthday one more time (as if we needed more food after Friday night), but I figured why not.

We went to Taco Spot in West Ashley, which is a total hole in the wall, but I swear has the best fish tacos in town.  When we got home, I walked into the living room to a surprise visit from Concetta, Will, Anna, and Chett!  I was literally speechless!  It made my weekend so special to have them here and a champagne toast at 3pm was in order!
Thanks Anna for the pic!

We spent the afternoon relaxing and playing with the pups before roasting some oysters and playing cranium.  This was the night that is was crazy cold and windy in Charleston so I was more than happy to have a night at home catching up with my best friends. 

That Sunday we tried to go to Triangle for brunch ...

but an hour long wait had us moving on to the Early Bird Diner on Highway 17.  I had been before, but every since Guy Fueri and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives went there, Lash was dying to go.  Let me tell you, it did not disappoint.  You need to go and get the chicken and waffles.  There's a reason why triple D went here!

I hated to say good bye to our guest but am so thankful that they made the long trek to Charleston from Tennessee and Raleigh for the night.  It was such a great visit and I'm already counting down until the next one for Anna's big day!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try Early Bird Diner, as well! Those chicken and waffles look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early bird is fantastic but I must say the best Chicken and Waffles are at Charleston's Cafe in Mt. P. They come with strawberry butter and are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete