Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CSA Week 4

Mondays are supposed to be the days you get in a good sweat, lay off the booze, and get healthy, right?  

Well yesterday, I did none of the above.  
{I am paying for it today, but that is neither here nor there}.  

On the menu was more strawberry mojitos, homemade fried conch fritters, and fish tacos with mango salsa.  After our trip to the Bahamas in December, the Springs fam has nearly perfected their conch fritter recipe, and it was so fun to make them at home!  The entire meal tasted so good, but I literally felt like I was waddling around last night and even today.  

After all that gluttony, I could not wait to load up my fridge today with fresh fruits and veggies with our CSA box from Gruber Farms.

This week's haul included:

squash
zucchini
sweet onions
new potatoes
cabbage (huge!)
kale
lettuce
strawberries

Tonight, we used the kale for chips.
This is a honestly a bi-weekly staple in our house.
We are always fighting over the last one and/or scraping the pan.


My "secret" trick to these guilt-free chips is sriracha!  
Toss the greens with EVOO, salt, and a drizzle of sriracha and roast until crispy.
They have just the right amount of heat to keep you going back for more.

Tomorrow, I hope to share a great cabbage recipe.  
Does anyone have any recommendations for zucchini or squash?
I need to switch it up from shredded and sauteed or squash casserole.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite squash is steamed with onions! Or, sliced and then drizzled with oil and dill with a salmon fillet baked on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making zucchini cakes and serving them with some homemade aioli! So good!

    http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2009/02/zucchini-cakes-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. zucchini bread or muffins, perfect for a mothers day brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do a ton of grilled squash and zucchini, nothing too fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, please share that strawberry mojito recipe STAT. And you may be waiting a little while on a house tour. It needs a bit of a clean-up before I show the world, and that may have to wait until after packing season!! I'll get around to it!

    And I love my squash in a wok with onion, a little olive oil, and garlic salt. Not the healthiest, but you could lighten it up...it is also good steamed with onions.

    ReplyDelete