Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekendings


Happy Sunday, folks!  I hope the Derby and Cinco de Drinko hasn't set you back too far today.  I'm currently in our backyard, enjoying this beautiful day and continuing the festivities with some homemade guac and a strawberry mojito.

This weekend was everything I needed and more.  After a week of half-laziness and the other half-craziness, Friday night I played single lady and knocked out a righteous to do list... including all of that timing consuming stuff I've been pushing off for weeks- like switching my closet from winter to summer, sweeping, filing, and so on.

As nice as it was to be productive, I'm still such a baby when it comes to play single lady.  Unfortunately, I recognize that this is something I'm going to have to get over with my husband being a med student and one day a resident and even further one day a MD.  Friday night after I had tripled checked that all the doors were locked, left a light on downstairs, and drugged myself with Tylonel PM, I was just falling asleep as an intermittent beeping sound startled me.

Yes, the smoke detector battery conveniently died when I was home alone and my 6'5" husband was out of town.  A chair topped with two pillows later, this 5'3" shorty finally got the thing to shut up.

I joined Lash in Garden City for some beach and family time Saturday.  I think Collie girl knew we were off for a fun adventure with this mile wide smile.

I spent the rest of the day on the beach with my first boiled peanuts of the season,

and taking Collins on her first fishing adventure.  Despite her sad, puppy dog expression in this photo, she had a great time and was such a trooper!

It feels so nice on Sunday afternoon, to have an almost empty to-do list, and feel rested.. all at the same time.  Things have been so busy around our neck of the woods (as I'm sure they have been with you also), that I sometimes have felt like I'm just spinning my wheels and trying to keep my head above water.

Bring on the week, Monday... I'm ready.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! That guacamole looks amazing, and Collins is absolutely precious (and huge)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary Loyal,
    You are such a funny writer! Being a doctor's wife for over 15 years now, I think you will get used to some things. If I am being honest, I do think you will learn the importance of not title dropping. You have mentioned several times that Lash is in medical school. Your readers know that. Try, try to be humble. It will get you that much further as a doctor's wife. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I think it is important in your current situation. Maturity helps quite a bit with this situation.
    JFM
    Charleston, SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what's up with hateful comments lately? Several Charleston blogs I read have had to deal with 'anonymous' comments. {Maybe the same one?} Well, I enjoy reading your blog and I don't mind if you talk about your husband in med school. It seriously makes no difference while I'm reading along and I don't think it's title dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things I like about this post - strawberry mojito's, guacamole, boiled peanuts, cute puppies and the visual of you standing on a chair + two pillows trying to shut the smoke detector up. :)

    ReplyDelete