Monday, May 18, 2009

Hurricane May Lo

It has been one hell of a whirlwind the past few days... 

An update on my life:

Last week-- went to Charleston for two days in between exams with Mom to look for apartments on James Island (and found one!), and afterwards, gave my last presentation and completed college... This past weekend-- lots of festivities, culminating in me graduating magna cum laude. I had one of the best weekends to end it all, though I HATED leaving.  Sunday, we moved out of Wofford (thank you mules Daddy and Lash!) and took a pit stop in Columbia to move my sister's old apartment out before going coming to Beaufort to unpack and repack...  This week-- moved into my new apartment on James Island, and tomorrow, going to the keys for a week as my graduation present.

To say the least, it has been C-R-A-Z-Y around the Laffitte household.

Leaving Wofford was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I am so depressed that I will not get to be with my friends day in and day out like I have been the past four years.  It was one hell of a ride.  I am so grateful my parents allowed me to go to Wofford.  I am so excited to start my job and move on to the next phase of my life, but gosh, am I going to miss that place!!  And, the worse part is that I really have not had too much time to think through all the ramifications of leaving college because we've been so busy...  This time next week I'll probably be having a mental breakdown.  

Here's a photo of some of my best friends and I in our cap and down after graduation:




I can already tell you that I miss them so much... But, can't be sad for too long... life moves on, and I hope we will all always be close.  I am SOOO excited about our vacation (catching fish and getting sun!!) and can't WAIT to start my job.  I am so blessed to have one!  



No comments:

Post a Comment