Thursday, October 7, 2010

Going to the Chapel

I found my wedding dress!!!

I can't believe I have not blogged about this yet! Dress shopping was amazing, but I do have to say the whole experience was a little surreal.  It's a day you dream about as a little girl and wait, in my case, 23 years to fulfill this dream.

When I say I dreamed about it, I should clarify- I didn't fantasize and obsess over a vision of what I wanted exactly. I had no idea what cut, fabric, look, anything that I was going for.  I just dreamed about the experience.  I think that's what I was so giddy to go shopping.  Very uncharacteristic for me, I was not overwhelmed or anxious about finding the perfect fit.   I just couldn't want to try dresses on and see which one would be my special dress.

Though I was secretly hoping it would be an easy decision, I'm here to tell you that it is not.  My problem?  I fell in love with 2 dresses.  Maybe it is because I went in a little ignorant thinking that as soon as I found "the" dress, I'd know.  Well, let me tell you, there are a thousand gorgeous dresses out there.  

From the start, I had a pretty good idea which one was my favorite, but y'all, its hard.  Life is not always rainbows and roses.  We took pictures, went home, looked at the pictures, slept on it, went back a second time to try both dresses on, took more pictures, compared all pictures from every imaginable angle, and tried on one dress a third time and finally made a decision.

It ends up that my front runner from all along is the one.  My mother and I both teared up when I put the veil on, and my sister gave it her stamp of approval when she came down and watched.  It is perfect for me. I could not be happier.  Many thanks to the best mom and sister in the world for putting up with me during my indecisiveness.  You made my experience absolutely effortless. I'm really excited!!

Only 233 days to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment