Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday

I had big plans of blogging this week but I'm sorry, I've been too busy settling into married life and having fun!

For my random thoughts of this June Thursday:

- Getting a new planner to me is equilivant to getting a favorite birthday and Christmas present.  My refill just arrived and I realize I totally sound like a loser, but I cannot wait to use it.

- Speaking of loserville, Lash and I were eating supper Tuesday night, and we got ding- dong -ditched! I assumed it was someone playing a "welcome home from your honeymoon" prank on us, but when we ran to the door to see who it was, no one was there, and no surprise was left!   It was hysterical!

- We have been cooking a lot together this week, and let me tell you, we have eaten well our first week as Mr. and Mrs. How I missed being in the kitchen over the wedding craziness! I will post a recap of our feasts sometime this weekend so check back.

- Living with a boy is SO different.  The biggest difference I have immediately noticed is the amount of food that we have gone through... good grief!  I used to buy a loaf of bread and a half gallon of organic milk and it would last me at least 2-3 weeks.  We've already gone through that in less than 1 week!!  Thank goodness for couponing!

- Two days back into reality, the air conditioning in my dear ole Jeep broke.  A nice "welcome home" and "welcome to marriage", huh?  Thankfully my parents came to the rescue to let me borrow a car, even though my dad called it a "Springs problem" haha. It has been so hot this week!

- I have to give Lash major props for all of his help getting organized and situated this week.  It has been so much fun coming home to him each night after work.  I am practically itching for the clock to him 5:30 so I can get home and hang out.  He gets the summer off from medical school so we are truly trying to savour every precious moment together before he heads back in the library late August. 

1 comment:

  1. Your post is so cute - I guess this is what I have to look forward to when I'll be 'rooming' soon with my hubby-to-be... lol. I am looking forward to eating better and cooking more... I never cook for just me because it's so much work for just one person... but I like cooking for my fiance, so I think I'll definitely cook more. Definitely post your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete