Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Triggerfish Picatta

A dear friend dropped off some triggerfish he’d caught yesterday, and I made a wonderful piccata last night.  In the event any fish lands in your lap in the near future, I thought I'd pass along.  This can easily be adapted for chicken as well... just make sure you pound out chicken to a uniform thickness and adjust the cooking times.  The depth of the savory, flavorful sauce makes this easily one of my favorite meals.  I served over penne pasta with parmesan- reggiano and roasted broccoli, and we were licking our plates clean. 


 - Dredge fish in all-purpose flour
 - Melt 2 T butter and 3 T EVOO over medium heat
 - Pan sauté fish until golden brown and flaky on each side, remove from pan
 - Deglaze with ½ cup white wine until reduced 2-3 mins, scraping up any browned bits
 - Add the juice two lemons, the zest of one lemon, 2 T capers and ¼ cup chicken stock, and simmer
 - Remove from the heat and whisk in 2 T butter.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I love the sauce and triggerfish is actually really good. Most people don't know about it. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete