A dear friend dropped off some triggerfish he’d caught yesterday, and I made a wonderful piccata last night. In the event any fish lands in your lap in the near future, I thought I'd pass along. This can easily be adapted for chicken as well... just make sure you pound out chicken to a uniform thickness and adjust the cooking times. The depth of the savory, flavorful sauce makes this easily one of my favorite meals. I served over penne pasta with parmesan- reggiano and roasted broccoli, and we were licking our plates clean.
- Dredge fish in all-purpose flour- Melt 2 T butter and 3 T EVOO over medium heat
- Pan sauté fish until golden brown and flaky on each side, remove from pan
- Deglaze with ½ cup white wine until reduced 2-3 mins, scraping up any browned bits
- Add the juice two lemons, the zest of one lemon, 2 T capers and ¼ cup chicken stock, and simmer
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 2 T butter.