Saturday, February 27, 2010

Restaurants.com

Whew, sorry for the lack of posts this week!  It's been crazy week!  I had a big annual review at work on Friday, so I have had to spend most of the week soul searching and thinking back over the last few months.  I find it incredibly difficult to believe that this time last year I was a senior in college, enjoying those last few moments at school.  One thing I have realized is that life in the real world FLIES by.  I thought college went fast. . . man, it is nothing compared to the working world.

On a positive note, I'm still really enjoying my job.  Of course, being excited about going to work some days is easier than others, but I think that is part of the deal.  Thankfully, most mornings, I do wake up pretty excited about what the day could hold.  I laugh at how I used to plan my course load at Wofford so I could space out my classes and not have to spend one. whole. afternoon. in class. What a joke!!  Now, I have 9-5 day (at a minimum)- no question!  I swear college students have no idea how great they have it. . . hehehe

One thing I must tell you all about is the great site I've found called Restaurant.com. I love to eat out and try new foods and flavors, but I hate paying ridiculous prices!  So, voila!  A solution!

All you have to do is type in your zip code and the search engine pulls up all these great deals that local restaurants are sponsoring.  And you can purchase discounted gift certificates to restaurants as well.  I think typically you can get $25 gift certificates for $10 (and so on), but it must have been my lucky day last week because I purchased 2 $25 gift certificates for $2 EACH!  Wooo Hoo!  So tonight I'm going to test it out and make sure this deal of the decade is no scam!  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment