Monday, February 15, 2010

Salmon

Does anyone have any good (good meaning light and healthy) salmon recipes they could share with me?

Today, I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  I have decided that finally, after five years, it is time to shred those freshmen lbs from college.

I have been mentally gearing up for this for a few days now because birthday week was not good on my waistline and it finally was the straw that broke the camels back.  So moving on, this morning, I was ready to begin.  Yesterday, I took all the measurements and fitness tests that she outlines in her book, and was prepared to start "making the cut" (so cheesy) exercise video and diet plan.

And, WOW, let me tell you, I forgot what a pain in the BUTT dieting is.  It is not easy!!!!

Anyways, tonight her Jillian's instructions and according to her recipe, I grilled some salmon for dinner.  And it was not good.  Maybe because it is a "diet" recipe, but y'all, I hate how grilling salmon makes your house smell ROTTEN.  (We don't have an outside grill so I just use a Griddler.)  I'm going to feel so bad when my roommate comes home and gets a whiff of this. . .

I was able to save the salmon with some thai chili sauce, but that is NOT Jillian approved.  So, help a sista out, salmon comes up on the menu twice a week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! This is definitely a question for my dad. :) What I've done with salmon (and white fish), is to sprinkle a little bit of lemon pepper on the fish, and then slice some lemons & bake it for about 20 mins (I think). We just bake it until it starts smelling amazing. Sometimes we add a little butter too, or olive oil will work well!

    ReplyDelete