Wednesday, April 7, 2010

N'awlins Here I Come!!

Whew get me to Friday!!!  I have been looking forward to this coming up weekend for months as my best friends and I are headed to New Orleans for a bachelorette party for our wonderful friend Tippins.

Tippins hosted all of us last year for Mardi Gras, and we had such a blast!!  So basically, ever since Wilson put that beautiful diamond on Tippins' finger and she asked all of us in the below pictures to be in the wedding, we have been eagerly anticipating our return trip!!


We fly in Friday night around 6 and have such a fun weekend planned.  Once we get settled at the hotel, Friday night we are headed to a local favorite Port O'Call's for supposedly fabulous hamburgers and great drinks.

Saturday, the bride and maid of honor are busy with wedding details, dress fittings, etc so the other girls and I are on our own.  I'm excited about our day to explore the city again!  Luckily, NOLA girl has graciously offered her suggestions for things to do and also it is the French Quarter Fest so we will not be lacking in activities!

Saturday night we have a limo picking us up from our hotel and are headed uptown for a shower and dinner party. . . then out for a fun night in the French Quarter!  The MOH is hoping for the night to end at 6 am with beignets at Cafe Du Monde while watching the sun rise over the river, but Lord, I hope not because I will not make it on the plane home.  Regardless, I'm sure it will be a blast!

Also, listen to this- Tippins' parents have hired two body guards to supervise us while we stumble around Saturday night.  Can you believe that?!?  AND, these two body guards are not just every day body guards- apparently, they are the bouncers who look after Brad and Angelina when they are in town!  On one hand, I know we would be totally fine without them, BUT on the other hand, I am really excited (and somewhat relieved) that we will have guys watching out for us.

As you can imagine, email chain has ridiculous and hysterical this week leading up to the trip. . . making me even more and more excited.  Only 2 more days!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! I am so excited for your trip. I hope my emails made sense. Sometimes gmail forwards look weird.

    You're going to love Port of Call. Get a Monsoon! Yum. I think staying out until 6:00 am for an early morning breakfast of beignets and cafe au lait is the perfect idea!!!

    Have fun, and I can't wait to here about how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Mary Loyal!! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete