Monday, April 5, 2010

Let me tell you about my dinner tonight.

YUM!!

Part 1:  Risotto Cakes
I hate leftovers.  Yuck.  Why would I want to eat something again when I just had it yesterday!?!

What I don't mind, however, is if I can take leftovers and turn them into a new dish.  Enter Ina Garten's Risotto Cakes from her "Back to Basics" cookbook.

Risotto is one of my all-time favorites!  And the great thing is, you can make these with leftover risotto OR Ina's attached recipe is a way of making them from scratch (without having to make the risotto first).  I've made them both ways, and let me tell you, neither disappointed!

Essentially, you assemble it similar to a crab cake, cover in panko, and saute in olive oil.  The finished product- these heavenly cakes are crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.  As Rachel Ray says, "Yummo!"


Look how beautiful these are!  They would be great to serve for a small dinner party. 




Part 2:  Salmon
I have finally found my long searched after salmon recipe.  On the cover of this month's Bon Appetite magazine, tonight I cooked Salmon with a Sweet Chili Glaze and it made me a believer in this fish.

First, I marinated the fish in a sauce of sweet thai chili sauce, soy sauce, and ginger for 30 mins while I was 30 day shredding it with Jillian.



By the way, if you are looking for an incredible thai chili sauce, please refer to my post here.  I put this stuff on everything.

Then, you broil it for 6-10 mins depending on the thickness of your salmon.


Be careful about burning the sauce that falls to the side!  That is one think Bon Appetite neglects to mention. I pulled it out halfway through cooking and put it on another sheet on foil.  When I make this again, I will definitely put the fish on a new piece of aluminum foil before it goes in the oven.



And finally, the finished product.  SO delicious and super, super easy for a Monday night!!

1 comment: