Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy 21st!

 Happy 21st to my dear sister and best friend Luci!!

Photo probably from 2007- 2008 but I love this one! And I didn't want to spoil any recent pics of the Keys that I hope to post soon.

Of course, we had to go out last night at midnight to get her first "legal" drink.  We went to Blind Tiger, and I was super impressed- they had a band and good crowd on a Tuesday night.  I was a little hesistant about making it to midnight on a work night, but so glad we did; we had a great time!

Today, of course, we both had to work, but afterwards, we went out for a fabulous meal at Rue de Jean. It is definitely one of my favorites in  Charleston.  I got the Shrimp Provencal (penne pasta with a white wine, a touch of cream, garlic, herbs de provedence concoction). . . ahh so flavorable and seemingly very light.  Luci got Cavatelli Pasta with Seared Scallops (more of a penne pasta with tomato cream sauce with arugula and sun dried tomatoes).  Her scallops were perfectly seared- the outside was caramelized to a crunchy golden brown and inside cooked to perfection.  To top it off, we had great Kir Royale champagne cocktails that were a fun addition to our celebration. . . but, by the time we left, we were about to roll out of there!!

The birthday girl is still out and about celebrating legality, but this old fart had to come in to pack because I'm off tomorrow to New Orleans for the wedding of one of my best friends.  I cannot wait!!! I've been looking forward to this day since last summer when the groom proposed!  Honestly, it is kind of surreal that the weekend is actually here, but I'm giddy with excitement!  I hope once the weekend is over, I'll have time to really catch up on my blog and post some pics of FL, the big 21 for Luci, and Tippins' wedding.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love Rue de Jean! Their mussels and their Croque are to die for!

    Have fun in NOLA!!

    ReplyDelete