Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Love Summer

The beach, waves, sun, longer days, going out in the boat, water skiing, crabbing, seeing friends, ahh it all makes me so happy!  But let's not forget about one of the best things the summer has to offer- it's harvest!!!

South Carolina's local, fresh produce in the summer is out of this world!  Blueberries, watermelon, peaches, cantaloupe, corn, zucchini, tomatoes- to name a few- they are so incredible here this time of year!  I love going to local farmers markets or stopping at road side stands to pick up the freshest veggies (and boiled peanuts!) from locals.

Next week starts our family beach week, and my sister and I found this divine looking peach and blueberry cobbler recipe from Cooking Light's most recent edition that we are going to make one night:


Isn't that just making your mouth water right now?  Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard. . . I hope it tastes half as good as it looks!

Another favorite summertime treat of mine that does not require a special occasion to make is:


Ahh, there is nothing better than a simple, delicious tomato sandwich.  I've probably eaten at least two tomato sandwich each week this summer.  They are so good!!

What is your favorite summertime treat?

By the way, I have a great summertime slaw recipe that I've been meaning to share, but I want to make it and take some pictures while doing so. . . Describing it simply in words wouldn't do it justice, it needs photos, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment