Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NYE at LS

We spent New Years at Laurel Spring with my family and had the best time being together.  I so value the wonderful time spent there relaxing, and it truly was the best way to end 2010.  I'm so thankful I had some extra PTO to burn!

I am patiently waiting on my sister and cousins to upload some pics on Facebook that I can steal (ahem), but the few I have on my own camera will have to suffice.

We went duck hunting several mornings while we were there.  I used to groan at the thought of getting up at 5:30 am by choice, but considering that's only about an hour earlier than I do for work, o'dark thirty does not seem so bad these days.  

Moreover, watching the sunrise of the ACE basin is one God-given blessing I will never get tired of viewing.  I really wanted to take my camera, but I was terrified I'd misstep and fall in head first.

Here's a shot of some of the hunters one morning. . . This was an awesome morning. 

Daddy/daughter bonding

After this pic, I'm hoping folks won't request to sign a waiver on my blog. Note: you may end up in pics with no make-up on after being in a duck pond all morning. Sorry D- at least its a small thumbnail! 

Lash came and joined us Thursday to ring in the New Year and officially our wedding year!  WOO HOO!  We had an oyster roast Friday night, complete with quail poppers, grilled duck, and chili (yum!!).  I'm embarrassed to say I was asleep by 9:30 on NYE, but when you play hard, you gotta sleep :)

Friday and Saturday, we went on long walks around the property in the morning and beautiful quail hunts in the afternoon. I was so thankful for the warmer weather over the weekend!!  I loved being able to spend all day outside- so refreshing after being in an office all day everyday.

My sweet grandfather and some of the cousins Saturday afternoon.

I really wish I had some other pictures to share, but until my cousin's step up, this is it.  Rest assured I did not live in camo all weekend- just a large part of it.  Looking at these pictures makes me long for those days all over again. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment