Friday, February 18, 2011

Spinach with Sesame and Garlic

Happy Friday readers!  I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned!  We get Monday off for President's Day, and I am so excited about the three day weekend.  Monday I am going for my first fitting for my wedding dress- hooray!

If you are anything like me, I try to eat pretty conversative and healthy during the week, and on the weekends, let loose a little and not worry to much.  So before we all dive into the weekend gluttony, I wanted to share this incredible recipe I discovered last night for spinach- a new love of mine- because this Spinach with Sesame and Garlic is incredible!


Adapted from Mark Bittman's cookbook, the recipe flaunts incredible flavor in a matter of minutes with hardly any effort on behalf of the chef. It would be awesome paired a salmon, flank steak, or especially any Asian fare, though the possibilities are endless!



Ingredients:
2 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 bag spinach
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

The How To:
1- heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  add garlic and saute 30 seconds.  add spinach, cook stirring occasionally until wilted.
2- add sugar and soy, and remove from heat.  serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, and eat in enough quantity to make popeye proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment