Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grilled Corn and Tomato-Sweet Onion Salad with Fresh Basil

This recipe, inspired by Bobby Flay, showcases all of the summer's finest and would be the perfect accompaniment to cookouts, picnics, or bbq's.  It is delicious, refreshing, and so easy to make.  Both Lash and I loved loved loved this.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup EVOO
8 ears corn, grilled in the husks, then kernels removed
1 sweet onion, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved

Combine vinegar, basil, sugar, s&p, and blend into smooth. Combine corn, onion, and tomatoes, add the dressing and toss to coat.  Garnish with feta or blue cheese  (optional- I preferred without the cheese, Lash liked it with) and additional fresh basil just before serving. This can be served cold or room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my holy deliciousness, this sounds amazing! I LOVE anything with grilled corn in it. I think I'd skip the cheese on this one too. Can't wait to try it out...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soooo good! I will have to try it soon -- and I would vote for having it with cheese!!

    Not too much longer till your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete