Monday, May 9, 2011

Savannah Recap


We had the best time in Savannah celebrating the marriage of my cousin Tucker and his bride Caroline.  

Friday night, the rehearsal dinner was onboard the Spirit on the Lowcountry.


After a dinner and hysterical toast, we danced the night away.  It is custom with Laffitte family weddings that someone makes t-shirts and we sing a song tailored for the bride and groom.  This time around, we remade "Rolling on the River," aptly named for our gorgeous setting.   It was a big hit, and I am really excited to see what in the world they decide to do for our upcoming rehearsal dinner.

As we cruised back to the dock, fireworks lit the sky.  It was a perfect end to a lovely evening.

Saturday, the wedding was held at a small Methodist church.  Below we are outside of the DeSoto Hilton on East Liberty street waiting to board the trolley.  



After the ceremony, a cocktail hour was served at Madison Square. The bride and groom, pictured below, were stunning.





I wish I had pictures of the reception following the cocktail hour, but I put my camera up.   It was a great weekend, filled with lots of love and family bonding. 

I can't believe that in just 19 days we will be the bride and groom, surrounded by our families and loved ones.  I am so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely in love with your coral dress! I neeeeed that. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete