Monday, August 1, 2011

Wknd Review and Decor

Happy Monday, folks.  After going to the gym and cooking dinner, I plan on spending the rest of the evening watching Shark Week, indulging in a glass of red, and ironing.  Which of these three don't below? ha!

Lash and I had such a fun weekend in town.  We crossed off all of the weekending plans, except going to Trader Joes, but that's because I went grocery shopping for the week on Saturday morning without thinking that I wanted to go!  Oy vey..

We went to Midtown Friday night, which was so fun, because I got to meet Ashton and Christina!  I totally was the stalker reader, saying "Hi I'm Mary Loyal, I follow your blog..." but thankfully they both didn't think I was too crazy :)  It is so fun putting faces to names.  I am truly in love with the blogging community.

Saturday, we started the day at Sullivans with a painkiller and holy moly, what a way to start the day!
 
We had the best time playing ladder golf, reading, and basting in the sun until this. . . but, I do love watching a summer storm roll in.

Sunday was relaxing and low key, involving a walk in the torturous heat, church, and shredded pork tacos for dinner.  Why do weekends fly by so fast??  I am getting depressed that Lash goes back to school so soon, but trying to keep the glass half full!!

Ok y'all.

I need a little design help.  I bought this pillow for our master bedroom, in an attempt to find something that ties in the coral and blues of our bedroom.

It's from Pottery Barn, and I really like it, but it is an outdoor pillow, and thus made of a not-so-soft outdoor canvas material. As much as I like the design, I still have a hard time getting over that it is an outdoor pillow, and I'm using it inside.  Is that weird?  Also, with the little boudoir pillow we have on the bed, it covers up the prettiest part of the pillow.  Is it worth it to keep it?

The room has changed a little bit since this photo but here's a shot of the rug so you can see the colors we are working with.

I'm quickly figuring out that a home is constantly a work in progress!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are crazy for one minute! That is just how this whole blog community works.

    I love the pillow and definitely think you should keep it. See how it looks if you flip it around.

    ReplyDelete