Sunday, September 12, 2010

Writer's Block

I'm having post- engagement writers block.

How ridiculous is that considering I just experienced one of the most exciting days of my life!!

Well, actually, I don't think my WB is from a lack of creativity and inspiration; I've just been really distracted by the tasks on hand in planning this wedding.  I've been devoting my free time at night to looking at wedding books, tearing out pictures from magazines, and going over ideas with my mother.  There's just been too much going on to post!

More so, I guess, I've also struggled to find a way to keep this blog as it was- recipes, stories of daily life, rants and raves- when my world was just suddenly changed and priorities completely rearranged! (Note: in a fabulous way!  I am absolutely not complaining, just adjusting to the transition, and super looking forward to the future!)

Also, I'm typically not someone likes to just throw words down on a piece of paper or computer screen.  Every now and then, an idea strikes me, and I can race to my computer and write away.  But, most of the time, however, I like to take my time constructing posts.  Writing is very relaxing to me.  I love being able to think through my thoughts as I type them out.  I love the challenge of constructing a well-written paragraph where ideas flow effortlessly from sentence to sentence.

I think good writing is a delicate combination of art and science.  A science, in that a sentence, in its most basic sense, equals a subject + a verb.  But an art, in the way, you paint a vivid picture with the words you chose.  I love words.  I love thinking of synonyms and finding the exact right word to describe a situation.  For this reason, I think that's also why I loved being an English major.  Not to mention, my bedside table and bookshelves are filled with crossword puzzles.

I hope you will continue to stay with me as I work through this writer's funk. :)  Perhaps I shall resort to Steele's Writers Block Syrah/ Shiraz for some inspiration.  It even has Shakespeare on the label.

Just kidding. :)  Have some fun wedding details to share tomorrow so keep checking back.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment