Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!

I LOVE this holiday!  What better excuse to eat your body weight in chips and queso, and drink margaritas!! :) 

Though I will not be cooking this evening, I wanted to share this fabulous enchilada recipe by the Food Network's Tyler Florence.

I take a particular likin' to Tyler because his family is from Greenville, SC and his brother was my tennis coach throughout middle and high school.  So though I've actually never met Tyler, I totally talk like I have!  A girl can dream, right?

Anyway, this recipe for Roasted Green Chile- Chicken Enchiladas is just so great.  Disclaimer: you will make a huge mess in your kitchen BUT the results are totally worth it.  I cheat a little bit and use canned green tomatillo salsa.  Its just too easy . . . and I don't know a thing about  tomatillos and jalapenos. Though I'm sure I'm missing some of the "kick" and authentic Mexican flair, my milder, less fussy version is still great!  You have got to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment