Monday, December 6, 2010

Lessons

I joined a gym at a good time in my life.  Today, I banged out 5 miles of stress and daily grind on the treadmill. . . and it felt so good.  


I find myself facing many situations right now where I have no control over the outcome.  And, I am convinced that the worse part about not having any control is absolutely not having any control.  :)  For the type A, grab the bull by the horns person I am, this does not sit particularly well with me.

I am trying to keep my focus on the cross.  To pray without ceasing.  To lay it down.  To be patience.  To trust.

God teaches you lessons in funny ways, no?

Yet, I am thankful for the learning experience.

Phillippians 4:6 tells us, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

I think the most interesting and powerful phrase in that verse is "with thanksgiving."

This sentiment is also similarly expressed in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

While it may not be the easiest for me to give thanks in these gray situations, I am ever thankful that my God has significant plans for me, and that one day, I will see how they unfold.

Until then, I am clinging to the cross.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment