Monday, April 25, 2011

Take the High Road


I have learned a lot being in a service industry.

It goes without saying that people don't call you to tell you how great of a job you are doing or just to check in...  most call because they are confused or upset.  In the high net worth space, things can be especially ratcheted up a notch. There are high needs and high stakes.

Everyday, I am thankful for this exposure. It is character building.  I am learning how to handle difficult situations.  To take a deep breath and maintain my composure.

Jesus said, "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." Luke 6:27-28

As hard as it is, it's always better to take the high road.


Source: None via Shilpa on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Such a wise perspectiev on things! And if that's what the high road looks like, I'll be taking it as often as possible. What a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I worked in a dive bar for two years while in grad school and dealt with a lot of {drunk} a-holes.

    And I developed so many people skills {and patience!} from working there that I never would have gotten from my degree program. I really feel like a better person because of it..

    The funny thing is, I didn't have it on my resume when I was interviewing for jobs after graduation, but I would bring it up in the interview. Employers were more interested with my experiences working in a bar than any project or other experience I had.

    ReplyDelete