Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Things

-I volunteered to participant in a corporate spelling bee next week at a charity event benefiting the literacy program for the Life Management Center.  I jokingly hesitated to participate, because the spelling bee is not a fond memory from my childhood! I went three times in middle school and got out each year in the first round. I was so nervous! I guess here's my opportunity to redeem myself... My co-workers and I have been "practicing" hard... haha!

-When Luci and I were shopping in DC, I found myself drooling over all of these colorful bowls from Anthropologie.  I wanted to take all of the home.  Fortunately for my wallet, I realized that carrying glass bowls in my carry on would be 1) too heavy and 2) a royal pain... but look at this beauties!

-We are back in the office this week after our renovations, and I am so happy.  I loved working from home, but I honestly found the four walls of our study/ guest bedroom creeping in on me and I had a serious case of cabin fever.  It's been fun to go back and see my co-workers and enjoy our new desks, chairs, and layout.  We went from huge, segregated desk previously designed for architects to a much more airy, open, corporate look. Obviously we're all missing a little teeny section of our new cubes on the left, but apparently they are coming soon! haha!


-I don't know what's gotten into me this week but I have been a TV junkie.  Kim Kardashian's wedding recap part 1 and 2, Modern Family, Chopped, Kate + Pippa on E.... I used to hardly ever watch TV, but being married to a med student, I find myself just keeping busy at night and happy for the distraction.

Off to TV land again...  Enjoy your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment