Saturday, January 9, 2010

Awk.Ward.

Thursday night, my roommate and I went out to dinner at a local restaurant/ bar to have a couple beers before the national championship game. (By the way, whoop whoop SEC!!) As we were eating, a group of guys walked in the backdoor and caught my eye.  From the distance, one of the guys looked really familiar, and I guess he thought I looked familiar too because he made his way over to our table.  I turned back to my friends as he approached, got up from the table, and had the "hey! how are you? gosh its been so long!" conversation as I gave him a big hug--- all of this, without really giving him a good look.   As soon as we both pulled away from the hug, I realized . . .

I had never seen this guy before in me life.

Ever.

NO CLUE who he was.  And he had NO CLUE who I was either.

I could have died.  Looking back, it was hilarious.  I wish I had had a video camera.

By the grace of God, after our "oh, shit!" moment, we both played it cool, and found the fastest way to end that conversation.  So, face flushed, dumbfounded, with absolutely no idea what stranger I just hugged and pretended like we were long lost friends, I sat back down to finish my meal but could not get out of there fast enough.  hahahaha.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. Those really are the moments that you wish could be video taped. There are plenty of times in my college years that I really wish I could go back and watch again.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete