Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Updated: Mustard Braised Brussel Sprouts

Mission: To recreate the melt in your mouth, most delicious veggies (brussel sprouts) I have ever tasted from Lash and I's date at High Cotton

Result: e.p.i.c. fail.

Over the last few days, I have googled and googled recipes to try to get something similar to the High Cotton delicacy. . . I've searched cookinglight, myrecipes, foodnetwork.coms, and whatever random recipe site googled picked up.  With high expectations, I tried two recipes.  And basically, they bombed.  It was like I doused the brussel sprouts in a soupy honey mustard.  I love honey mustard. . . and I love brussel sprouts. . .  But. not. together.

Now, I love to cook, and I don't typically have many bombs in the kitchen. I can get recreative and bail out a recipe.  Wooo but not this one.  SO, if any of my fellow readers who also possesses a love for brussel sprouts finds a keeper recipe, please let me know.

Gosh, who would have thought I could devote almost two posts to brussel sprouts?!  haha. Seriously, there must be better things on the internet to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment