Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quote of the Day

"As you go through life, 
whatever be your goal, 
keep your eye upon the doughnut, 
and not upon the hole."
-JimDaddy Miller, Camp Greystone

Today's quote of the day comes from "Breakfast Club" at Camp Greystone.  Every morning after breakfast, JimDaddy (as he was affectionately called by campers and counselors) told a short story that always ended in a hysterical joke or punch line you could never forget... and taught a valuable lesson. My favorite, and probably the one he is most known for, is the quote above. JimDaddy always encouraged everyone to have a positive attitude and outlook on life.  He woke up everyday, clap his hands, and said "It's going to be a great day, and I feel terrific!"  How's that for a way to start your day every day of your life!

P.S. It is 1:00 p.m. and I am still in my pajamas--- now that, my friends, is a great Saturday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary Loyal! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a little note! I look forward to reading yours!

    What a wonderful quote. I am here at work on my first of many long tax season Saturdays, and it was just the thing I needed to get through the afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete