Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy St Patty's Weekend!

TGIF!!!  (though the weather is digusting here in Charleston right now.  I hope whereever you are that you are enjoying sunshine and an early spring).  And happy St. Patty's day weekend!  I was fortunate enough to go to Ireland two years ago, and let me tell you, it needs to be on your bucket list.  What an amazing country!  Gorgeous countryside, welcoming people, incredible history, not to mention the great booze! I think Sullivan's Island throws a fun party Saturday for St. Pattys day so Lash and I will head out there for the day tomorrow, but that is the only plan for the weekend.  I'm so excited to have a little R&R!

Due to the yucky weather, tonight I'm hoping to make a great dinner, watch a movie, and call it an early night.  I have no desire to venture out in this rain, and I've somehow managed to give Lash that funky cold last week that I had so tonight's plans seem like a good fit! 

I am going to make this recipe for baked chicken breasts with goat cheese and fire- roasted tomatoes.  Doesn't that sound incredible??  My mom saw it on the Today Show and emailed to me. (Click here for the recipe)  I hope it turns out, I'm already drooling over the flavors! haha.  And, I think I'm going to serve it with a classic comfort food- mashed potatoes. Yum!  Happy Friday.  Stay dry and enjoy the luck of the Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment