Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Skinny

The Good:  I finished Redeeming Love last night.  I could not put it down!
The Bad: I stayed up until midnight soaking in every last word.
The Skinny: I'm exhausted today, and can't stop thinking about it! It is so good.

The Good:  Lash and I are going on a date night tonight!  Hooray!

The Bad:  I've been procrastinating at work looking at menus and day-dreaming about where to go.
The Skinny:  Lash is leaving for the Bahamas Sunday for 10 days with his family (lucky duck), and then starts medical school the week he returns . . . so this may be the last date night for a while!

The Good: Our kitchen, laundry room, and dining rooms are *finally* back to normal after last week's renovations.
The Bad: I got my first taste at home remodeling- yikes! It was supposed to take a max of 5 business days. . . of course, it took eight, not including the weekend.  I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to go through a remodeling again.
The Skinny:  I hadn't been able to do laundry since the work started- last night I had to do four loads. Wow.
 
The Good:  Because of our troubles/ pains with the renovation, our land lord pro-rated our rent for the month. Woohoo!
The Bad:  Knowing this, I went shopping Saturday. (Bad ML)
The Skinny:  I tried to control the VISA swipes, but everywhere was having awesome sales and I had 20% off coupons.  I ended up with some great purchases from Banana Republic. . . their stuff is so great for work and play.
 
Ending on a good. . .
 
The Good:  Thank Goodness It's Thursday, and I'm going home this weekend! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment