Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wined and Dined

Luci and I had the best girls weekend in Charleston.  I'm so glad she got to come down!  Ever since when we lived together last summer, I have missed her being my roomate!  She is my best friend and I love being able to spend special time together.

Friday night once she got into town, we walked to Happy Hour at Social and a casual dinner at Fast and French on Broad.  We wanted to make sure we were well rested for Saturday's Wine and Food activities!

Here we are Saturday morning at 10:45 am, about to start our trek to Marion Square.  It was so awesome to be able to walk from my apartment downtown and not have to worry about parking.  There were so many people in town for the weekend!

We had tickets to the Culinary Village Grand Tasting Tents where there were over 80 vendors set up with tastes of their fabulous food and wine.

So we ate and drank. . .
and ate and drank some more. . .
and even watched a Top Chef demo.
Luci needed a shot of coffee to get through the afternoon!

After our tickets expired for the tents, we toured the Culinary Village, with more vendors and more wine to try.

... where we stumbled across the local SC certificied station.... which is hysterical because one of our engagement parties in Myrtle Beach in a few weeks has a "certified SC grown" theme to it! 
 How cute is that?

It was such a great weekend, though we were both a little 'distended' today after the glutony. However, we have already decided that we are definitely going back next year... and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment