Monday, March 21, 2011

misc. mon. and some recipes

Why is my to-do list ever increasing????  I feel like I haven't had time to sit down and write a thoughtful, meaningful post in almost a month.  My apologies to you dear readers. 

As I'm sure it is with everyone, this season of life for me is so busy.  And this blog has unfortunately taken a backseat- which I hate to admit!! This is one of my most favorite hobbies- it is relaxing, therapeutic, and so entertaining!

My nights these days are filled with wedding details, getting organized to move, finalizing moving plans, work, Junior League, marriage counseling, and trying to find time to exercise as now our wedding is almost 2 months away!!

However, we are leaving for the KEYS Friday! Hallejulah! I can't wait for our trip.  This is a great family tradition that we do every year- one week in Marathon, just us fam, fishing, walking the bridge, eating tons of just caught seafood, and hanging out in the sun.  I didn't think I was going to be able to go this year with all the vacation time I am taking for the wedding- but I work for an incredible company and will have enough PTO to go.  I just cannot get sick in the latter half of 2011.  haha!!

I haven't post a recipe in a while, but I do want to admit that the crockpot has been a life saver in the past few weeks- Lash and I loved Cooking Light's Char Sui Pork, this Mongolian beef, these easy meatballs {great for apps or parties}, Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, tonight I'm making enchiladas {no recipe to share- more of a method: I have the chicken cooking in the crockpot right now with some salsa and taco seasoning. When I get home, I'll shred it, assemble the enchiladas, and a bake.}  I'm telling you- crock on! It is a lifesaver... and budget friendly too!

No comments:

Post a Comment