Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wedding Update

Wedding planning is absolutely full steam ahead.

As I mentioned yesterday, I went home to my parents' house for the weekend with hopes to get a bunch of planning done.  All my girlfriends were at Wofford Homecoming, and I just could not swing it to make it to Spartanburg for the weekend +  Lash has his second medical school test Thursday and spent the weekend library so it was a good weekend for me to disappear.

Our main objective was to get the list {as we have affectionately come to call it} done and save the dates addressed before the holiday mail traffic picks up.  Speaking of the list, I think my future mother in law said it best- it is truly a labor of love!

Nevertheless, we got everything done we wanted to and more. . . my mom is a wedding planning machine!


Save The Dates

My dear friend Hanna Nation was so kind to design our save the dates!  I've blogged about Hanna here, and have just always loved her work with Gadabout and POST.  {Shameless yet very sincere plug- her stationary would be great Christmas gifts}

I am so thrilled with how these turned out- they are beautiful, elegant, and everything I could have wished they would be!


Don't you just love them??  That is my favorite shade of blue.  The photo doesn't really do it justice.  The bridesmaid dresses are an evening/navy blue, and I truly believe this color will be a great accent to their dresses!  Also, the gate below mimics the gate at my family's plantation where our reception will be held. I just adore the personal touch!

This is what my parents' breakfast room table looked like Saturday morning as we began sorting through the list and addressing envelopes.

{Cheez- Its- breakfast of champions.}

China

I have picked our china!  This is a such big sigh of relief for me as far as getting our registry started.  Let me tell you, though, this was a little bit of an eye-opening experience. I had never really looked at china before {why would I?} and struggled a little bit with how to pick out one that I would still love in 30 years.  I am very thankful for a mother with the same tastes as me who was able to offer great guidance!  I'm thrilled with the ones I selected!

Our formal china will be Herend's Princess Victoria.


For our everyday, I've decided to go with Wedgewood's Nantucket Basketweave.
Cake

We've sampled a lot of cakes from several bakers around Charleston, but finally found our favorite right in Beaufort at SuZara's kitchen!  We got three samples Saturday morning, and lined them up with forks in hand.

Cake 1: almond with amaretto buttercream. Cake 2: vanilla with vanilla buttercream. Cake 3: lemon with raspberry buttercream.


How adorable are those portions!


Yum!


The line up.  Washed down with an incredible glass of chardonnay :)

I'm visioning a round, four-tiered cake with a lacey, delicate design and some greenery and flowers around the base.  Like this. 


Or like this.


I am obsessed with this cupcake cake, and hoping to do something like this for the after-rehearsal dinner party of desserts and dancing.


Shoes

Rant: There is no where in Charleston to find traditional wedding shoes.  Though I think it is so cute in pictures and for other brides, the funky colorful shoes trend is not my style.  My dress is very traditional and makes a statement all in its own so I also didn't really want blue shoes.

I finally found a pair from My Glass Slipper.  For any brides to be out there, they have a good selection! I got Something Bleu's Charisma.  I debated putting this picture up, because it does not really do the shoes justice. They look great in person!


Whew- I'm tired recapping all of this.  I'll do the bridesmaids dresses later. That's a whole new post in itself.  Only 207 days to go!

5 comments:

  1. You're doing great - that's a lot of progress! The Save the Date is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ML - this is so exciting to watch your wedding plans develop. you and lash are such a precious couple! everything is so perfectly reflecting your style and personality - i hope your entire wedding experience is just as wonderful as the couple it celebrates! ps, love the china!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh ahhhh love it all! i will have to behave myself so i can eat off of those plates at some point! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, loving all the plans, ML! And, I would really love a piece of one of those cakes right now...may have to stop by Mary's house on my way into town this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete